Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Zen and the Art of Ducati Maintenance


"In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame. On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming." - Robert M. Pirsig: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Pirsig pretty much sums up the riding experience. He also goes on to explore how the wonders of a motorcycle don't stop at riding, but continue on in the maintenance of the machine.

I've had a real difficult time searching through forums and websites gathering information on how to perform maintenance, upgrades, service...ect. So I thought I would start a blog explaining what I've learned in hopes that it will benefit whoever ends up here in their search for maintenance instruction.

I myself have no real mechanical ability, so if I am able to pull off any form of work on my Duc, so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment